Do you have a quilt that is almost finished, but it just needs the binding? Then this is the class for you!
You will learn how to accurately cut, piece and finish traditional quilt binding; paying attention to squared corners and an invisible finishing stitch.
Want to know how to create a 2-colour binding that is one colour on the front and a different one on the back? Well, we will cover that too.
Maybe you don't want to show your binding at all, then consider 'facing' your quilt. All these finishes will be covered in this fun workshop.
Taught by Jeannie Jenkins
Wednesday February 10am - 1pm
Tea, Coffee & Snacks provided
- sewing machine in good working order (bring the manual if you have it) and a walking foot
- rotary cutter, cutting mat and ruler (if you have)
- thread, scissors, hand sewing needles, seam ripper
- 1/2 yard fabric cut into 3 pieces measuring 13x18" (for the front of your quilt samples)
- 1/2 yard fabric cut into 3 pieces measuring 13x18" (for the back of your quilt samples)
- 1/2 yard contrasting fabric for the binding
- one 2" strip for the 2 colour binding
All items are available to purchase in store if needed.